MTAPA Mission and Membership Benefits:
MTAPA is committed to serve all PAs in Montana. Whether you practice in rural Eastern Montana, where you are the only primary care practitioner, or you practice within a multi-specialty group or a surgical specialty, MTAPA represents your interests in several ways including:
* MTAPA lobbies on your behalf when state legislative bills are introduced or administrative rules are proposed that affect your scope of practice as defined in Montana Law.
* MTAPA provides a Liaison to the Montana Board of Medical Examiners (BOME). The BOME determines the administrative rules that govern our practice.
* MTAPA lobbies on federal legislation affecting PAs and/or their patients.
* CME: Every year MTAPA strives to improve its annual continuing medical education (CME) conference. Our Annual General Membership Meeting also occurs during this conference.
* Professional Opportunities: MTAPA provides leadership, mentoring and networking opportunities.
* MTAPA promotes the PA profession through the education of professionals and the general public.
Is open to physician assistants, PA students, supervising physicians and other advocates of the profession. Membership applications and renewals are available on-line, or can be downloaded, printed and mailed to our office.